Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Woman Tricks Guy Into Thinking She Had A Baby To Get Over $100k in Child Support

I really hope this story isn't true because it's extremely vindictive and extremely illegal. 

A woman is asking for legal advice about a situation she got herself into when she was in college...


"11 years ago I got pregnant with my ex-boyfriend. We did a paternity test which proved it was his, but soon after that he decided to cut off contact and totally ghost me. I couldn’t call/text him or get in touch on social media, and he moved away. He knew I couldn’t abort because of my own views and religious parents, but I ended up miscarrying so I thought that was that even though I was very hurt by his actions.
However, a little less than a year later (shortly after I would have been giving birth), he contacted me on social media. I was very angry and never told him about the miscarriage, and he apologized a lot and offered to pay child support. He apparently landed a high-paying job when he moved away (he was already pretty well off before and this job was like x3 the amount). He was offering a thousand a month.
I was in college at the time of being pregnant and all the stress of him leaving affected me greatly (maybe even causing the miscarriage) even though I was able to work through it so I felt like I deserved the money plus I wanted to spite him. I know it was terrible of me but I lied and told him I already had the baby and used my best friend’s baby photos to fool him (she knew everything and helped with this). Contact basically stopped after the first two years, but he’s made payments every single month since then. He’s given me 122k in total.
Recently, he’s been asking about seeing the child and custody/visitation. He wants in “her” life and I don’t know how to proceed. If he finds out the truth can he sue for the money back? I worked hard since this all started and made good investments with his money so 122k won’t ruin me, but it will set me back a lot.
I’m more worried about breaking any laws. What can I get charged with if anything goes to court?"



Breaking any laws? She committed fraud over an 11 year period. 

The funniest part is where she says she "deserved it" and "$122k won't ruin me." It's going to be a hell of a lot more than $122k after 11 years and likely prison time. Depending on how interest is calculated it could be over $200k. Oh and let's not forget about legal fees for your criminal and civil trial. WTF was she thinking?





No comments:

Post a Comment